Col. Latifa Nabizada: why she kicks ass
"My name is Latifa. I am Colonel. I am an active helicopter pilot in the Afghan Air Force.
I wish to become a very good pilot and train other women to become pilots.
I have a five-year-old daughter who has been flying with me since she was two months of age. This is because there is nobody to look after her in the Air Force. I am trying to convince them to have a kindergarten, so women can be calm and do their job very well.
My message to other women in the world is that they should work hard to achieve their goals. They should be ambitious and have confidence in themselves. They should stand by Afghan women and share their experiences with Afghan women.”
- She was the one of the two first female pilots in the history of Afghan aviation, who travels to some of the most remote and dangerous corners of her country with a devoted partner next to her in the cockpit — her daughter, Malalai.
- When she and her sister joined the airforce they were repeatedly denied admission to the Afghan military school on medical grounds, but they eventually joined in 1989 after being certified fit by a civilian doctor. No women’s uniforms existed, so they made their own. They were the first two women pilots in Afghan air force history.
- In 1996, when the Taliban secured Kabul, she and her sister were supported by general Dostum who gave them a secure place to live while they flew missions and fought the Taliban.
- Since there was no kindergarten in the military at the time, she took her 2 month old daughter Malalai with her in the helicopter. "She has grown up in a helicopter - sometimes I think she’s not my daughter, but the helicopter’s daughter!"
- They have flown together on more than 300 missions over the past few years, and she acknowledged the risks of having her daughter onboard.
- Being a woman in the Afghan military is still not easy, but it has toughened her, she says. She is no longer harassed, she says, citing an Afghan saying that translates roughly as “steel gets harder with the hammering.”
i hate these cookies
Go fuck yourself, you piece of shit. You’re the reason society is crumbling. In 20 years, New York is going to be a pile of ash and dust because people like you exist. This is why I fucking hate tubmlr.
when you forget theres homework due tomorrow
- Teebs calls Riptide “Thingy” at one point.
- Riptide calls him TC.
- "Stealth mode!"
- Riptide being an Insider fan
- Nautica being done
- everything else
This crows of idiots is my favourite.
My favourite quotes from the hero of this new kids movie. What an excellent role model. It’s such a great tribute to the beloved 80’s franchise to see Optimus Prime portrayed the way he always should have been: as a blood-thirsty killing machine hell-bent on revenge.
i shouldn’t be laughing at this photoset but i am???
OKAY SURE I GUESS.
Also since when was Tyran ever a “tribute to the beloved 80s franchise”? I mean really, this is getting ridiculous. Also let’s be honest, Optimus has every right to be furious and upset and blood-thirsty after all the shit that happens.
I mean it feels like people didn’t even watch the trilogy.